Following the change in advice from the Government and The British Chiropractic Association (BCA) in regard to Covid-19 we have undertaken a risk assessment of the current situation and decided we are going to re-open for most patients from 15th June 2020 with the new recommended procedures in place.
The following conditions for seeing patients will ensure we are reducing the risks associated with Covid-19 as much as possible.
We will speak to every patient before booking an appointment to confirm the following details.
a) What is the current complaint, and can we resolve this without a face to face visit? If not, we will then proceed with the following.
b) Are you or any member of your family or anyone you look after in a risk group?
c) Are you, or someone in your household/under your care, self-isolating, or have any Covid-19 symptoms?
Once the above has been established and to follow new government and industry specific guidelines we then need to confirm that your visit will be under the following conditions for your protection;
- Based on government guidelines, we would recommend that you wear your own face covering.
- Please wait in your car until we call you in for your appointment.
- Please attend your appointment on your own, unless you are under 16 years old.
- We request that visitors sanitise their hands, using the hand sanitiser provided, on entering the building
- Please note that we will be only taking card payments as to prevent the handling of cash and contactless if possible.
- Please leave the clinic immediately and as quickly as possible after your appointment (or after payment).
- Please do not place personal belongings (wallets, keys, coins or mobile phones) on any clinic surface; we ask that you either do not bring them into the clinic with you or do not take them out of your pockets.
- Unfortunately, the toilet and bathroom will not be for patient use, please make sure you use the bathroom at home before you attend the clinic.
- Please do not ask for receipts to be printed while in the clinic as we need all patients to leave as quickly as possible following their treatment and payment (receipts can be emailed if required).
For now, Mark will be working on his own with long gaps between patients so that the hygiene and distancing processes can be strictly adhered to. We are still in touch with all our lovely receptionists and look forward to welcoming them back soon.
Any over 70’s, after our due diligence, needing urgent care will be treated first thing in the morning, again for their protection.
We need to highlight that whilst we will take every effort to ensure the safety of anyone attending the practice, we cannot totally eliminate risk and anyone who is not comfortable with this should not attend until the situation changes further.
These changes have come about with the publication of The UK Government’s COVID-19 Recovery Strategy which outlines the progress that has been made with respect to Covid-19 and the next stages of recovery. This document outlines the lifting of some lockdown measures in the UK.
The British Chiropractic Association on the back of this has then revised guidelines to it’s members on 15th June such as ourselves by saying “that any return to face-to-face consultations would be on the basis of a risk-based approach and that, if a patient cannot be adequately consulted using telehealth (advice over phone or video), it is our advice that BCA members MAY hold face-to-face consultations for all cases including routine and maintenance.”
Take your first step towards enjoying your life more
From the team at Well Adjusted Health
Providing gentle chiropractic in West Sussex
including Ashington, Storrington, Steyning, Southwater, Horsham, Shoreham, Worthing and Billingshurst